FIND A LOCATION:
Find a Location
FIND A LOCATION
Call the Branch
Access online accounts
Ready to switch? Let's get it done.
Whether you prefer to stop by a branch and walk through everything with a friendly Bell banker, or you're a DIYer ready to open your account online, here are the simple steps and what to expect when you switch.
Here's how to get started:
1. Find a Bell Bank location near you and plan to stop by. (To save time, you can call and set up an appointment with a banker at the location handiest for you.)
2. Bring along:
Here are a few of the common automatics people have:
3. Bring funds for the required minimum deposit to open your account. You may use cash, or a check from another account.
4. We'll provide the form for your employer, Social Security or other agencies to switch direct deposit of your paycheck, Social Security check or other pension/investment funds to your new Bell account.
5. We'll help you sign up for online and mobile banking, if needed. We can also help you switch your automatic payments, or you may wish to take care of those on your own once you log in to online banking.
6. We'll order you any checks or debit cards you need. A few "starter" checks are available upon request for use before you receive your personalized checks.
Allow approximately 1 hour to open your account at a Bell branch, depending on the services you need and what you'd like assistance with. See you soon!
Here's how to get started.
1. Gather a few items:
2. Go to our online account opening, which walks you through each step.
3. Have funds ready for the required minimum deposit for your account. You may use a credit card, or electronic funds from another bank account.
4. You'll be able to access the form for your employer, Social Security or other agencies to switch direct deposit of your paycheck, Social Security check or other retirement or investment funds to your new Bell account.
5. You'll be able to switch your automatic payments after you sign up for and log in to online banking.
6. You can order checks and debit cards online as part of your account opening.
Allow approximately 20 minutes to open your account online, depending on the services you need.
If you need help:
Back to Making the Switch